I made these about a week ago and they went so quickly in my house they must have been a success the recipe makes 36 and we had to freeze a few as after about 4-5 days they did start getting harder than they should be however, you can just put them in the microwave for 30 secs to soften them a bit. Sorry I forgot to take picture whilst I was doing it but there is an end one!
200g (7oz) pain chocolate
50g (2 oz) butter
397g (14 oz) can condensed milk
225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
65g milk or white chocolate buttons or chunks
1. Lightly grease 3 baking trays.
2. Break up the plain chocolate and gently melt with the butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Once melted stir in the condensed milk take of the heat and leave to cool.
3. Mix in the flour and milk/white chocolate buttons/pieces into the plain chocolate mixture and chill until for 20 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC or Gas 4.
4. Then place large teaspoons of the mixture spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays. Bake in the pre-heated oven for around 15 minutes.
5. When you take them out the cookies should still look soft and will harden once cool. Using a fish slice remove the cookie from the trays and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Keep them in a air tight container and they should last 4-5 day, however you can always half the recipe or freeze some of them. I hope you enjoy them!