This recipe is one I got from a cupcake recipe book and have slightly changed it too what I prefer, but I love these muffins they're fairly sweet from the raspberry and I love the crumble crunch on top which just makes them a bit nicer. It makes 12 but they are pretty big muffins so you could probably make 20 cupcakes.
For the crumble topping-
50g Plain Flour
2 tbsp. Caster Sugar
280g Plain Flour
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of Salt
115g Caster Sugar
6 tbsp. Sunflower Oil
250ml Natural Yogurt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
12 Muffin Cases
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6. Fill a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
2. To make the crumble topping add the flour to a small bowl, then add the butter rubbing it in with your finger tips until the mixture becomes like fine bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar and set a side.
3.To make the muffin mix add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar to a big bowl and stir.
4. In a large jug beat the eggs lightly then add the yogurt, oil and vanilla and beat it.
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the beaten liquid in with the raspberries, mix together gently until just combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and sprinkle the crumble mix over the top, gently patting it down. Then put in the oven for 20minutes or until golden brown.
7. Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then remove and either eat warm or leave to cool and store in an air tight container. You can also freeze them if you don't think you'll eat them all.
I hope you like this quick and easy recipe I haven't done one in a while so thought I would write this one as it's such a nice recipe, thanks for reading!